Saturday 11 August 2012


After 10 years of being a proud brunette I decided to go back to my “roots”, had my hair stripped back to blond and then added a whole bunch of highlights for good measure… and the first thing I was worried about was how will I smell or rather how my scent will change….because yes, it might sound absolutely crazy but being mom to a wild creature can be quite tricky and something as simple as changing your perfume or body lotion and therefore changing the smell they are familiar to can cause an uproar… so can you just imagine what a whole new “look” might do!

So the first time I went to see this crazy little caracal of ours after the big “make over” I was a bit concerned and a bit worried… will he like the new me…the new smell (I was not sure how the products  used at salons to lighten your hair might smell to such sensitive nostrilsJ)…so, he did a little rubbing, a little sniffing, some hissing and in the end he realised that it is still just mom...and now all I need to do is get use to the stranger in the mirror myself because in the end he is not our little caracal.. we are his PEOPLE!

PS: or maybe he just liked it that the afternoon sun made my hair look like gold!!

1 comment:

  1. Dink al is jou hare groen,sal hy steeds mal wees oor jou!

    ReplyDelete