Saturday 27 August 2011

The Huntress...

Many people frown upon certain things...like hunting. Especially if you are a female hunter!
But how do you sustain a generation of captive bred predators without feeding them,without hunting for them? How do you justify taking them in but not providing them with the food that Mother Nature intended for them?
Then the world also tend to see a female hunter as a women dressed in camo rags,dirt under the nails,harsh wrinkles from the African sun and with hair that has never met a hairbrush.

Well I can tell you that before a hunt I put sunblock on, brush my hair,add a hint of mascara ( a successful hunt might mean photographs) and find anything in my dresser that might not be deemed as too bright.

I also remember the wise words uttered many centuries ago by Kahlil Gibran:
"When you kill a beast say to him in your heart;
By the same power that slays you, I too am slain and I too shall be consumed.
For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand.
Your blood and my blood is nothing but the sap that feeds the tree of Heaven."

And yes, I do come back with some scratchmarks, rosy cheeks and hopefully dinner but tonight I will be as pretty as any of the other women at the campfire with my vintage jewels,gladiator sandals, a gorgeous sundress.... and a content caracal baby in my lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment